As a valued Second Chance Center Staff or Board Member, Participant or Supporter, your health and safety are our highest priority. That's why we're reaching out to share details about the extra precautions we're taking at SCC amid the COVID-19outbreak caused by the coronavirus. Second Chance Center is closely monitoring the situation and following guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and local health officials. We are taking extra measures to deep clean and disinfect our buildings and are cleaning commonly used areas throughout the buildings frequently throughout each day.
What You Need to Know Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) is a type of virus that causes diseases of varying severities, ranging from the common cold to more serious respiratory disease. How is it spread?
· Through coughing and sneezing
· Close personal contact, such as touching or shaking hands
· Because Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) is new, we are learning more each day about the transmission patterns and incubation periods.
What are the symptoms?
· Fever of 100.4 or higher
· Dry Cough
· Difficulty Breathing
· Severe Illness
What can I do? Wash your hands frequently with soap and water or alcohol-based hand rub.
· Stay home when you're sick
· Cover your nose and mouth when coughing and sneezing
· Avoid close contact with anyone with cold or flu-like symptoms
The outbreak of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) is changing rapidly. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and CDPHE are providing updated information:
If you have general questions about COVID-19 you can also call CO-Help at 303-389-1687 or 1-877-462-291, or email COHELP@RMPDC.org.
· Signs will be placed around SCC, on the front door, in the waiting area, in the conference room, and in the kitchen, which say “SCC welcomes you. However, due to concerns about Coronavirus, we will no longer shake hands or offer hugs as is our tradition. Please take care of yourself and your health.”
· As much as we can, we will stock hand sanitizer at the front desk, in the conference room, and in each office. At the minimum, hand sanitizers will be placed in the offices where the public receives services.
· Common areas will regularly (at least four times per day) be wiped down with Lysol or Clorox wipes or spray (receptionist desk, chair handles, front door handles, bathroom handles, microwave and refrigerator handles, sink handles and computer stations).
· We will meet with addictions counselors to determine when/if substance abuse groups should be temporarily cancelled.
· According to Denver Health protocols, before registering or having clients fill out paperwork, the front desk receptionist will ask: Have you had a cough, fever or shortness of breath/trouble breathing in the past three days? If yes, we will not provide services to them. We will refer them to Urgent Care, Denver Health, or University Hospital.
· Outreach in Prisons will be temporarily cancelled.
Guidelines for Quarantine
· If a statewide or nationwide quarantine is called, staff will be notified by group email and will not report to work. Staff is directed to stay in their homes during quarantine so as not to contract the virus.
· Staff will be paid if an involuntary quarantine is called. This is guaranteed for at least one pay period, 90% likely two. After one month, we will evaluate our fiscal situation and determine if the agency can maintain providing full payroll without reimbursement from our funders. Please know that we will try our hardest to make sure everyone gets paid for as long as we are quarantined.
**Please note: a full quarantine will also affect our funders and other agencies. If staff becomes infected with the Coronavirus, that staff must use their sick days and then they will be able to have paid sick time. They must ask their physician to email me a doctor’s note. Please let your supervisor know as soon as possible if you test positive for Coronavirus.
· If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact me.
We want all of us to get through this safely. If you have anything to add to this list, please do in a group text. We care about all of you.