We hope you will consider including a gift to Second Chance Center in your will or living trust. Called a charitable bequest, this type of gift offers these main benefits:
- Simplicity: Just a few sentences in your will or trust are all that is needed. Share this sample bequest language for Second Chance Center with your estate planning attorney:
- “I, [your name], of [city, state, zip], give, devise and bequest to the Second Chance Center”
- Written amount or percentage of the estate or description of the property for its unrestricted use and purpose.
- Flexibility: Because you are actually making a gift after your lifetime and not “out-of-pocket” today. You can change your mind at any time.
- Versatility: You can structure the bequest to leave a specific item or amount of money, make the gift contingent on certain events, or leave a percentage of your estate to us.
- Tax Relief: If your estate is subject to estate tax, your gift is entitled to an estate tax charitable deduction for the gift’s full value.
Note: Please contact the Second Chance Centerif you have any questions regarding a Legacy Gift. SCC will encourage you to contact you legal advisor to assure your documents are compliant with all estate planning laws.